ordinary life ni ate cha

November 07, 2006

daily photo blogging

Howdie everyone !
11:45 and I'm still hooked up with my pc. I've been experimenting with photoshop for hours and I still dont know how to use its features. Nakakainis !

Anyway, this post is about my daily photo blog. Thanks for peeking occasionally there too.
Akita Daily Photo is very dear to me. It is my very first blog. I enjoyed reading nice blogs and one day I thought to start my own. But I don't know what theme, since my life isn't really exciting to talk about. One day I came upon a daily photo blog. I can't remember which one and ever since I've been roaming around the world. I found out that Eric of Paris is the originator and big cities followed through. It wasn't even a month and I found myself e-mailing Eric telling him I would like to join the gang and so Akita Daily Photo was born.

I started February of this year and I've been posting daily since then. Oh , I went on a hiatus for a few weeks though. It was a difficult time for me. The truth came upon me with a bang...daily posting is not easy. And add to it , I must also have new pictures regularly. Reluctant and sad as I was I decided to say goodbye. Even made another photo blog that was not on a daily basis.

Then Denton of Greenville U.S.A e-mailed me to propose that he would like to host ADP using Wordpress. That way I can draft future posts that will automatically appear on my blog on the date I desire. I immediately said yes and so ADP was resurrected. There is still pressure to go out and take photos, and sometimes there are day's that I really don't feel like opening my pc but.... I endure. Why?

I made new friends thru this daily photo. People who share the same passion meet here (virtually ) and the daily photo bloggers are really nice people. No one uses bad or foul language in their comments. And most especially I get to see many places. Some I didn't even know exist. And also the other members make tools and widgets to make things easier for us. There is even a tool that automatically updates our links everytime a new member comes along. We also have a DP forum where we can leave messages to each other, make suggestions and even a voting panel for monthly themes. Isn't that nice?




I got postcards from 2 of my fellow dp bloggers Edwin of Kuala Lumpur, a stage actor and Lisi of Hongkong.




We have also been recognized . Eric and other members from big cities have even been interviewed by their local tv or radio. Paris Daily and London Daily have been articled in the "metroplitan magazine " of new york. Sebastien of Trier have been asked by his local tv station to put up a photo segment in the news explaining his photos . Wow, I wonder if ADP would reach the attention of the locals. There's a little problem , my posts are written in english. But my blog comes up now on search engines so I'm happy.

If you want to take a tour without leaving your seat , visit this map.

Now , now dont think that I don't have the same feeling for my ate cha blog. This is also special to me. I can express myself openly here and I've met " you " too.

Have a nice day everyone, and sorry if I bore you with my blabbering!

Posted by ・midnitebara :: 11:51 AM :: 11 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------