ordinary life ni ate cha

October 07, 2006

books , books , and more books

I'm not overly conscious of passing trends as long as I'm not so very out of date. I dont fuzz myself with the new cosmetics, accesories ,bags and shoes. I'd rather spend more money on books...books..and more books !

Yes, books are my first love, they are the most dedicated friends I have. Books keep me company when I am alone and wants to be left alone. Books excite my not so exciting daily life , cheers me up when Im a little down.

This are some of the books I've accumulated during the 4 years. There are more....brochures, magazines and lots of spiritual books too. There are more I left behind to my mother's chagrin. I know she wants to get rid of those hundreds of books but she can't coz she knows they are dear to me.

I started to read on a very early age. I was in the second grade when I first finished my first hardbound book. It was a nancy drew book which I borrowed from a high-school friend. I think it took me months to finish it though, coz I have to consult the dictionary while going through. Actually I started reading from early on, maybe after I learned how to read in kindergarten. From colorful comics that our maids have, to newspapers and to my delight my dad's paperbacks. Sometimes I'd cause my mom trouble when I ask her about words that are so interesting yet, I can't understand even if I consult the dictionary. For example....I remember asking her about masturbation. Made me confused why mom would be annoyed and forbid me to read dad's books.

2nd grade and hardbound books became popular in my school. I befriended some kids and gradually they let me borrow their books. If you are my age, you might know the Nancy Drew series , Bobssey twins , Dana Girls Perry Mason books and some other.

Then I came to know Barbara Cartland and Mills and Boons. Imagine , these are the books I've devoured during my elementary years.

I became so addicted to books that is why I wasn't like my other siblings who loved to play outside with the other kids. They may have thought me a snub, a loner but actually I was busy myself too , learning new words, new characters and more interesting things than playing. You can ask bee, my sister and she will confirm this.

There was a time, almost a year that I stopped though. Actually I got scared bacause one time as I was reading a new book, my mom called me to do some errands for her. I hesitantly put my book down and went to her. But from the moment I took my eyes away from my book, everything was pitch black. I keep bumping into things and walls. It took a while before my sight returned and thats when I decide I've got to stop reading.

Of course, old habits dont die...ika nga. But this time I'm really careful. Sufficient lighting and lettingmy eys rest once in a while.

Oh my, napakahaba na pala nito. Sorry to tire you out.

I wish you all have a great weekend!


Posted by ・midnitebara :: 12:34 PM :: 13 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------